Your feet literally carry you through life, so sometimes it’s nice to give them a rest. You could put them up on the sofa while cuddling the cat, OR you could join me for this playful handstand workshop where we’ll be experimenting with all things upside down...
In this two-hour workshop we’ll be covering:
- Postures and exercises to strengthen, stretch and support the wrists, arms, shoulders and spine.
- How to engage your core so you can control the wobbles.
- The correct alignment of handstands and other yoga inversions and how to practice them safely.
- Falling without fear – it sounds scarier than it is, I promise. ;)
- Working with the wall – hands down the best prop when working with inversions.
- Partner work/assists – because sometimes we need a helping hand.
- Other inversions such as forearm balances, headstand and shoulder stand.
For many of us Adho Mukha Vrksasana seems like an impossible goal, but by breaking it down into manageable pieces you’ll come to realise that (providing you put in the practice) it’s actually quite achievable. I can’t promise you’ll have perfected the full asana by the end of the practice, but I’m confident you’ll have taken several steps in the right direction, as well as securing the skills and techniques to continue your upside down journey in your personal practice.
Please note that this workshop is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant or who suffers from high blood pressure. If you’ve ever suffered from a head/neck/shoulder injury or have a heart condition, please seek medical advice before signing up. As always, you must tell the teacher if you have any injuries or medical conditions before the workshop starts.
All mats and props provided for free.
CHF 50.00 / Students and Members CHF 45.00. Payable on the day with card or cash.
Please secure your spot through: www.momoyoga.com/thepopupyogacompany.
Join the Facebook event for all the updates.